Major and planned gifts provide opportunity for benefactors to participate in unique and innovative ways that directly impact and support the legacy of the school and the donor. Our Advancement team is available to work with you and your financial planner, attorney, or other adviser to structure your gift in a way that maximizes tax and estate planning guidelines, and supports the realization of your goals to support St. John’s.
Planned giving is essentially a deferred gift, a bequest in your will or trust that is given after your lifetime. Planned gifts include:
- Making a bequest to St. John's in your will
- Making St. John's the beneficiary of a retirement account or life insurance policy
- Creating a charitable trust
A planned gift has several immediate benefits, most importantly, providing peace of mind while knowing you will leave a legacy:
- You are stating an intention to give, but the gift is not given now, providing you with access to your assets for as long as you need.
- A bequest is not binding, providing the flexibility to make changes should circumstances change.
- You can leave a percentage amount of your estate, thus providing for your loved ones as well as St. John's.