Welcome to the St. John's family!
Here, you can access important links and resources to help you navigate your family's first year at St. John's. Please contact your child’s division office with any questions or for more information.
- Who to Contact
- Family Handbook
- Glossary of Terms
- Car Line
- Parents' Club Board
The guiding principles behind our parking and car line policies are safety, efficiency, and respect. Accordingly, parents and other drivers are asked and expected to adhere to the established procedures.
Parents should be respectful of other drivers and surrounding streets and driveways. Parking in or otherwise blocking private driveways and public streets are inappropriate behaviors. The use of the Four Green Fields parking lot is prohibited. Drivers who do not respect the property and movement of others risk being towed without warning by property owners.
Drop-off and pick-up take place in the driveway directly in front of the Primary Division entrance.
• Please do not block the driveway at any time.
• Please do not stop or park in any red curb area or block any driveway while waiting in line.
• Drivers should approach the Division driveway on Rome Avenue from the south (Bayshore Boulevard).
- U-turns in front of the Primary Division campus are not allowed.
• Please avoid turning left from the Primary Division driveway.
• Parents should wait their turn, one car at a time, directly in front of the Division entrance.
• Arriving children should be ready to exit the vehicle immediately, from the passenger door only. Departing children should enter the car on the passenger side as well.
• Parents who are walking should approach the Division only from the Watrous Avenue side and accompany walking children from home to the main entrance door.
All Lower Division drop-off and pick-up traffic should approach Orleans Avenue from Watrous Avenue.
• Parents driving to school on Bayshore should turn onto Rome or Howard, and then approach the School via Watrous Avenue.
• If our parents are delinquent in this matter, the city will force the School to hire police officers and to absorb all associated expenses.
• Children should not be dropped off or picked up from cars in the middle or left lane.
• Please have children ready to exit/enter car immediately on the passenger side of the car.
• Please do not have book bags or other school items in the trunk.
• Please do not park or stand within 10 feet of a driveway.
• Please do not park in the School pick-up lane (red curb) during school days or in a designated 5-minute zone.
• If you need to walk into the School, please do not park along the School side of Orleans.
• Parents and children should use the crosswalk, and children should be physically escorted across the street by the parent.
To enter the Middle Division car line, drive down Platt Avenue and turn left onto Parker Street (the street between Zudar's and Publix), turn left onto the brick alley (behind Zudar's) and follow the alley into the front parking lot.
• Please do not cut across Four Green Fields parking to join the car line.
• Parents who prefer to walk up to pick up their child should turn left at the Plant-Platt intersection, and then immediately turn right onto Cardy St. to park alongside the School's gym and back parking.
The School accepts NO liability for lost or stolen property or damage to any vehicle while it is parked on or near any of our campuses.
- The lunch program offers several lunch choices every day, with a focus on providing quality food that our students will enjoy.
- Lunches must be pre-ordered from WT Cafe, an outside food service vendor.
- Parents are not permitted to bring soft drinks, coffee drinks, or fast food to students. Uber Eats and other food delivery services are not permitted on School property.
- K(4) and K(5)
- Lower Division (Grades 1-4)
- Middle Division (Grades 5-8)
- Other Dress and Personal Appearance Information
Boys K(4) and K(5)
- Pull-on or belted navy shorts and white polo shirts (long or short-sleeved). Navy St.
- John’s cardigans, sweatshirts, or fleece jackets in cold weather, navy pleated pants are also permitted.
Girls K(4) and K(5)
- Plaid, drop-waist jumpers with white blouses, navy St. John’s cardigans, sweatshirts,
- or fleece jackets in cold weather. White, black, or navy blue tights or leggings under the uniform are also permitted.
- School uniform and athletic shoes are worn by both boys and girls for Physical Education. Girls must wear shorts under their jumpers—any color socks.
Boys (Grades 1-4)
- Navy pleated shorts with brown braided belts and white polo shirts (long or short-sleeved).
- Navy St. John’s fleece jackets or navy sweatshirts are also permitted. Navy pants (in the same style as the shorts) are also permitted.
Girls (Grades 1-4)
- Plaid ‘skorts’ with white polo tops (long or short-sleeved), navy St. John’s fleece jackets, or navy sweatshirts. White, black, or navy blue tights or leggings under the uniform, or navy pleated pants are also permitted.
- All students in Grades 1-4 will wear their school uniform and athletic shoes for Physical Education. Socks of any color and acceptable pattern may be worn.
Boys (Grades 5-8)
- Choice of khaki shorts or pants, both worn with belts and navy polo tops. Navy St. John’s jackets or sweatshirts are also permitted.
Girls (Grades 5-8)
- Choice of plaid kilt-style skirts, khaki straight-style skirts, or khaki shorts, which are all worn with navy polo shirts (long or short-sleeved).
- Navy St. John’s fleece jackets or sweatshirts are permitted, as are white, black, or navy blue tights or leggings under the uniform, or khaki pants.
- Skirts and shorts must be worn on the waist, not the hips. Skirts and shorts must reach to at least three inches above the top of the kneecap.
- For Physical Education class, students in Grades 5-8 must change into St. John's Physical Education shirts and shorts and athletic shoes.
• Non-St. John’s outerwear (sweatshirts, jackets, pants, etc.) is not permitted.
• All students are permitted to wear the St. John’s logo sweatpants when the weather forecast calls for temperatures below 45 degrees at 8:00 a.m.
• All students are permitted to wear any St. John’s t-shirt on Spirit Days, which are every Friday. Please, no Field Day shirts.
• Students may wear any socks that are school appropriate as defined by the Division Head.
• T-shirts worn under the uniform polo must be white, black, red or navy blue.
• Shoes must be closed-toed and closed heeled, even on School sanctioned dress down days.
• Shoes must be rubber-soled; no boots are permitted.
• Girls may wear stud earrings only.
• Boys and girls may wear watches (smart watches are not permitted and will be confiscated), and a necklace only if it has a commonly-recognized symbol of their faith.
• Cosmetic makeup and nail polish are not allowed.
• Boys’ hair must also be above the shirt collar.
• Scout uniforms may be worn on days students are engaged in Scouting activities after school.