- Parents' Club
Week of Surprises Includes Gifts, Lunches, Tasty Treats, and more!
TAMPA-During the past school year – this strange and unpredictable COVID year – our teachers and administration have risen to every opportunity and exceeded all of our expectations. In honor of them and their efforts, the SJE Parents’ Club wanted to ensure they knew how much we appreciated their dedication to our children.
Each day during Teacher Appreciation Week, we did our best to shower them with the same love that they show our children each and every day.
Here’s how they were celebrated:
Monday - Visiting the Greek Isles
- Lunch from Louis Pappas Fresh Greek was served at each campus. Thank you to the Parker Family for your generous donation.
Tuesday – Treats of All Kinds
- Each campus enjoyed a "We Love our SJE Teachers" cookie cake and some other special treats, as well.
- It was Flower Day at the Primary and Lower division campuses. Each child brought in a flower to create wonderful bouquets that the staff could take home.
- The teachers and administrators at the Middle Division campus snacked on a Charcuterie Table and participated in Raffle Day – a fun event that was created and sponsored by the Middle Division Student Council. Raffle items included:
- $30 gift card to Karyn Bersch Embroidery
- $40 gift card to Amanda Rustmann Eyebrow Designer and Skincare
- "I teach. What's Your Superpower?" cup filled with lemonade and lemonheads
- 5 free classes to CAMP
- Candle/keychain/reusable straws from Hazel + Dot
- Pineapple platter from Coton Colors
- Free smoothie cards to Xtreme Juice (Thank you, Mueller family, for your donation!)
- Free ice cream cards to Dairy Joy (Thank you, Mueller family, for your donation!)
- Fun in the Sun bag
- Lily Pulitzer Mug and $25 gift card to The Pink Palm
- $50 gift card to Edible Arrangements.
Wednesday - Ciao, Bella!
- Lunch provided by Carrabba’s Italian Grill was served at all three campuses.
- Middle Division students presented the staff with posters featuring various kind words and why they appreciate their teachers. This idea came to fruition through the creativity and hard work of the Middle School Student Council.
Thursday – Tea Time!
- Elevenses was served at all three campuses. Elevenses is a short break for light refreshments usually with tea or coffee – traditionally taken around eleven o'clock in the morning. Tea and snacks were provided for the staff. Many thanks to parent, Abigail StClair – owner of TeBella Tea Company, and the Oxford Exchange for their generous donations.
- Primary and Lower enjoyed an optional dress out day. Primary students dressed in shirts to celebrate Earth Day. Lower students dressed in their Sunday best!
Friday – The Finale!
- The staff was treated to lunch from Burger Fi. Thank you to the Kanji family for your kind donation.
- Lower Division held a school wide game of Kahoot with the winning teacher receiving two Tampa Bay Lightning Tickets, generously donated by the Diasti Family. Mrs. Jennifer English won the tickets! The idea for the Kahoot game idea originated with the Lower Division Senators.
- Students at the Lower Division filled out a notecard about why they believe their teacher is so amazing. On Friday afternoon the students presented their individual cards to their teacher by reading each card aloud. The teachers were so touched by this gesture, and many were in tears.
- All members of the faculty and staff were given a "thank you" bottle of wine so they could "unwin(d)" over the weekend.
Big, BIG Thanks go to ....
- The Parents’ Club is incredibly grateful to all of the people who so generously donated their time, energy, and the resources in order to make sure that our teachers and staff know how much they are appreciated!
- To the Parents’ Club Teacher Appreciation Week Chairs - Rachel Seckinger and Alexa Parker for their tireless efforts and creativity
- To Sommer Stiles for providing the graphics for invitations and wine bottles
- To Jen Diasti and Helen Scott for the creating the beautiful charcuterie board for the Middle Division
- To the countless volunteers who donated their time throughout the week. There were over 70 sign up genius slots to be filled, and in true SJE fashion, everyone stepped up!
- To the Middle Division Student Council and the Lower Division Senators for their creativity and hard work
- AND to All of Our Parent Sponsors:
- The Parker Family and Louis Pappas Fresh Greek
- Abigail StClair and TeBella Tea Company and the Oxford Exchange
- The Mueller Family and Dairy Joy and Xtreme Juice
- The Kanji Family and Burger Fi
- The Diasti Family
- The Bersch Family and Karyn Bersch Embroidery
- The Rustmann Family and Amanda Rustmann Eyebrow Designer and Skincare
On behalf of the entire SJE Parents’ Club,
- Parents' Club