St. John's (i)nsights
St. John’s Episcopal School prepares each of its students for lifelong intellectual and spiritual growth by providing a superior educational experience within a nurturing Christian environment.
We seek to educate a diverse student body to achieve high levels of academic, personal, and spiritual growth, fostered by committed professionals and supported by a united Church and School. Graduates will leave empowered to lead and innovate in an evolving world.
1951 - Oldest Episcopal School in Central Florida; Second oldest in Florida
K(4) - Grade 8
Student to Faculty Ratio
- Established in 1951
- St. John's is an outreach ministry of St. John's Episcopal Church
- Daily Chapel services attended by the entire school community.
Faculty & Staff
- Faculty members: 54
- Staff Members: 21
- Percent with Advanced Degrees: 41%
- Number of Faculty of Color: 24%
Accreditations and Memberships
- Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Independent School Management (ISM)
One School, Three Campuses
- The Primary Division campus, K(4) and K(5), is situated on South Rome Avenue just off of Bayshore Avenue in Historic Hyde Park.
- The Lower Division Orleans campus, (Grades 1-4), is less than half a mile down Bayshore on South Orleans Avenue
- Middle Division (Grades 5-8) is just two miles away in Hyde Park.
- Wireless, Mac (iPad and desktop), ClearTouch Interactive Displays, and SMART Boards
- Innovation Labs on all three campuses
After School Enrichment
Offerings in visual and performing arts, sports, and personal development
Families are welcome to apply for need-based financial assistance. Eligibility is determined by an independent, third-party analysis. Applications are confidential.